Tourism and hospitality saw some hilarious things in 2019. These five made us laugh, applaud, smack our heads, and – as always – have ideas. Worth a look.
- This dog runs a sweet potato stand in Japan. Why – oh why? – aren’t there more dogs running stands in hospitality? Folks… you’re welcome. Go make it happen for a tourism slam dunk.
- Taco Bell opened a resort. Granted, The Bell was open for just four days, and it was a pop-up at an existing hotel in Palm Springs, CA… but you’d never know it from the branding and publicity. #america
- Why did it take so long for a new shadow-seeker to rival Team Groundhog on Feb 2? Lucy the Lobster solidified her authority as a media darling with her second year of winter predictions in Barrington NS.
- Aeromexico flew boldly into the “border wall” media storm with this hilarious – and masterful – video about its DNA Discount program. Was it a real program? No one is sure…but the PR was pretty bueno.
- There’s legit substance under this hood, but the promos for Airbnb’s new Animal Experiences program highlight “tea with naughty sheep” and “a concert for great white sharks by the band KISS.” Seriously.